Saturday, September 17, 2011

TARGET IN LIFE


It was my first to experience Friday prayers in Staffs. It was held in the Beaconside Gym Studio. It was a  simple Friday prayer, short khutbah, and the jemaah is very small.

I can't see any Malaysians besides the three of us . But I manage to have a short chat with a local who is a muslim. Most of the jemaah there are from staffs, maybe some of them would be my lecturers.

We were early to arrive for the Friday prayers. I was told to azan but I refuse. Giving excuse as I was not confident at the time. Next time I'll be doing azan. Back home I must practice. During the khutbah, I failed to sleep as I did for previous friday prayers (to be honest).

The khutbah text was in english, but the imam was an Arab. He has problem to speak clearly. I had to concentrate in order to understand the khutbah. Nevertheless, the message of the khutbah was interesting.


"I once asked my son, what is his target in life?
My son says that he wanted a playstation 3.
Then i asked my son again, is this really your target in life? you should change your goal into a more beneficial ambition and long term.
After giving it a thought...
My son changed his mind and decided to be a football player. He promised that once he succeeded, he wanted to give me lots of money..

It doesn't matter what you're going to be when you grow up. Just don't forget your roots and love your religion."



"I had once asked a friend what is his ambition in life.
He says it's heaven.
I said, other than heaven?
The answer is still heaven.
I asked him again but the answer is still the same."



"Now I understand, that in everything you do, you must target for heaven.
Because it will remind you not to stray away from the right path.
Whatever ambition that we are trying to aim.
For example,....


Getting a certificate,

Excellent career,

Getting rich,

Beautiful wife,

Big and happy family..
and life,

But never ever forget. The ultimate aim must always be heaven. And Insyaalah everything will be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment