Tuesday, August 7, 2012

#1

Sehijau 

           Warna 

                      Daun


When I was in high school I remember two of my favorite malay literature. I will always remember my bahasa melayu teacher, sad to say that I forgot her name. She was strict, but kind.



My two favorite malay literature was 'Kasut' and 'Diari seorang pengawas'. Both of them are in the anthology 'Sehijau warna daun'.



Diari seorang pengawas 

I was like this chap back in 2001
When I join the force, 'Prabhir's Prefects'. Tough times.

It is a story about Halim and his daily adventures as a school prefect. Has a crush for Mona Aida. And some bad beef with Yusuf, the school hooligan. At that time when I first read the short story. Halim's life was perfect and it was my dream to live a life like him. Well groom, well discipline in terms of spiritual, physical, mental, emotional and social. Some label Halim's life as 'skema'. To me he was a role model. One must experience the life as a prefect to truly understand what I mean.


Kasut

One of the symbols that ends the life of a 'bujang'.
Tells the story about a teacher who is works hard to finance his wedding and struggling to make sure the most special day of his life runs smoothly. The story was not all sad and serious, it was a comedy type of short story. One of the tales that will inspire you to work hard for what you want. And mocks people who rely on their parents to do all the work. In a nutshell, it is about being independent and responsible. One of the test of manhood. Whether you are worth the love from the princess in the tall tower guarded by dragons. 


'I WANT HAPPINESS',
To have happiness, one must remove 'I', which represents ego, and remove 'want', which represents desire.  Then you will get happiness:)

No comments:

Post a Comment