Friday, October 19, 2012

Brendan Conlon



Two days ago I watched this movie on Astro. It is called ‘Warrior’. Arrived home at 2330, everyone in the house was sleeping. Heated nasi goreng cooked by Tok Mak and microwaved some mashmallows ibu bought from Jordan. I Was very hungry as I skip dinner that day. Turn on the tv..

‘Warrior’ is a fighting movie, based on the popular combat sport UFC. Played by Tom Hardy from ‘Inception’.  My first impression that it was another ‘Neverbackdown’ flick. But Warrior was more than that. It depicts the struggle of two brothers who disagree with each other and both of them hate their father so much because of their father's past abusive behaviour. The only thing that can bring their family together was in the ring. 

My opinion of 'Neverbackdown' is about a teenager finally finds his cure to overcome his anger towards life. 'Warrior' is about Brendan Conlon’s fight to ensure his family has a home and fight to get his brother and father back. I prefer 'Warrior', because of the main character Brendan Conlon who is not only a great fighter.He is also physics teacher who ensures the his class is exciting. Plus he is loving father and a responsible husband. 

Warrior is an inspiring movie. The character Brendan Conlon’s struggle to overcome the problem he has in his life has lifted my spirits. My favourite quote from this flick is when Frank Campana told Brendan during the scene where Brendan was fighting Tommy. 

‘You don't knock him out, you don't have a home’ 

Must watch this movie.
My new gym motivation. Gonna have Tom Hardy's traps.


No comments:

Post a Comment